You’re ready… your princess has invited the belles of the ball to the finest Princess Birthday Party of the year. You’ve purchased decorations, planned a few games and have some lovely take home gifts for your guests. Now it’s time to plan the finest menu for your royal princess and her court. Let’s make it so fabulous that the girls will remember this day when they’re planning their future daughter’s parties and one that will make your princess throw her hands around your neck and say, “Oh mom! You’re the best ever!”
What follows are 5 tips for you in creating the menu of the decade for your princess birthday party.
1. Keep it simple. The last thing you need on a busy day is for you to be running around like crazy trying to make cherries flambé or tiramisu with crème fraise. However, with a little creative planning, you can make something spectacular and still be able to take photos of the lovely girls eating your birthday dainties. There are SO many recipes available at your fingertips that are not only delicious but easy to make with items you probably have in the house or can pick up in your local grocery store at minimal cost (another key!). Just punch a name of a recipe into your google search box and hundreds of recipes will pop up. Just keep it simple!
2. The presentation is everything. Think about it, mom. A peanut butter sandwich is nice, but, make that sandwich and cut it with petite cookie cutters into various princessly shapes and you have something spectacular. Even just cutting the sandwiches with a glass into a circle and then cutting the circles in half would work. Display them nicely on a glass plate with some red grapes or flowers and it’s no longer just a boring sandwich but a delicacy that’s a delight to look at AND eat.
3. Throw the “no sugar” rule out the window. Ok, I’ll get hate mail for this one but c’mon mom! Your princess only has the bash of the century once a year, so break the rules a little and provide something sweet to eat. Balance it out with a lower sugar drink and other dainties that aren’t sugar laden.
4. Make the drink pink! Pink lemonade, pink Kool-Aid, pink soda… anything pink in a clear plastic cup and you’ll be the coolest mom on the block. Float a half of a strawberry in the cup and you may as well get a revolving door to your house. You’ll be the hit of the neighborhood!
5. Work with a timeline and schedule for the day of the party. A checklist of what you’ll be serving and when you need to pull it out of the freezer or fridge, what goes where, etc., and how long each thing takes will ensure that you won’t forget any of the details and ensure that you won’t go to open the fridge for a late night snack after your princess is in dreamland and see the strawberries that you meant to put in the royal goblets.
The perfect, stress-free Princess party menu is within reach, Mom. Just keep it simple, fancy, tasty and pink! Write out a checklist and you’re all set for the finest party menu for your princess and her royal maidens.